Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Happy Birthday To Our Daughter-In-Law,, Dee

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Birthday To Our Daughter-In-law,
 


 
 

 
Dee and our son, Edward, have birthdays just 10 days apart.  In January of this year they reached 28 years of marriage.  The time flew by so fast....

Since my son, Edward, was our first born after 8 years of marriage, I doted on him big time!  As a result, I made a lot of foolish mistakes in the early years of their marriage.  I always tell parents, "If you want to see your child after they are married, you much keep your mouth shut!.  Your job is done, so let them grow up and find their own way in this world.  Offer them nothing but your love and support.

I made my share of mistakes along the way,  For example, I had the kids over for dinner to celebrate Edward's birthday one year.....completely forgetting my daughter-in-laws birthday was in ten days.  It was unintentional, but it didn't help my relationship with my daughter-in-law!

Another time, I referred to our home as Edward's home completely forgetting that he now had a new home!  I didn't realize what came out of my mouth, until my daughter-in-law said, "HOME!"  I was obviously struggling with letting go of my son!  Now, 28 years later I feel I have learned to "finally" be a mother-in-law.

Edward & Dee gave us a grandson, Ryan, whom I adore.  Ryan just recently became engaged to Rachel.  I hope I live long enough to see a great-grandchild.

I am so proud of my kids.  They both work for AT&T, and have a lovely home.  I couldn't ask for more.  And true to the quote above, Dee,  knows my son better than anyone.

Below is a video I took when Dee got a promotion in 2006, which I would like to share.  It starts off with Dee's 18 birthday, their wedding day etc.

I hope you have a fabulous birthday, Dee. 

With all of my love, Vonnie
   
 
 View Video Below....

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4d5441354d6a41324d7a413d0d0a?title=+&image=4d5441354d6a41324d7a413d0d0a.jpg


 
Vonnie (Hoops-Vizcarra) Beattie
Class of 1960
Yamato High School
Air Force Japan Dependents School
Yamato Air Station, Japan
 
 "Welcome to Vonnie’s World”
 
"My Yamato High School Website"
http://www.yamatohs.com/
 
Email

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Brother, Ed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

undefinedvvvvvvvvvvvv