Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Happy Birthday To Our Daughter, Bridget


 
Happy Birthday To Our Daughter, Bridget
 
Today our daughter, Bridget,  turned 47 years old.  In the photo below, Dave was 35 and Bridget was 1 year old.  We were vacationing in Kentucky that year.  If only, I could have that day back....

 
Bridget was a "Daddy's Girl" for sure.  One year she wanted a puppy, and when I said, "NO" she went straight to her dad.  Even today, whenever we disagree she says, "Dad would understand!"
  
When Bridget was in high school, she received an insurance settlement & wanted to buy this gold Trans Am.  I said, "That car will be in the driveway more than on the road!"  Dave said, "It's her money, let her spend it the way she wants to".  
Whenever her dad disciplined her he always used a very calm but stern voice, which was very effective.  Even when he was sick he disciplined her, which made me laugh.  Even as sick as he was, parts of himself would surface.  Those were the moments I savored.
 
When her dad got sick, Bridget moved into our backyard trailer to help care for him.  She cooked all of our meals, which allowed me to care for my Dave full time.  Watching him slowly fade away "before our eyes" took it's toll on all of us....especially Bridget.  It broke my heart when she later said, "It was like seeing him in his casket every single day!  
 
The song below expresses the deep love a daughter has for her father.

 
Dance With My Father/Celine Dion
https://youtu.be/Wws8Hh59wQE

Vonnie (Hoops-Vizcarra) Beattie
Class of 1960
Yamato High School
Air Force Japan Dependents School
Yamato Air Station, Japan
 
 "Welcome to Vonnie’s World”
 
"My Yamato High School Website"
http://www.yamatohs.com/
 
Email



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Brother, Ed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

undefinedvvvvvvvvvvvv